If you are using CloudFlare (the CDN) and want to add our WAF/Firewall protection to it, this guide should help you get that configured.
Often due to our caching technology and global Anycast CDN, most sites benefit from, an additional CDN will not improve performance further.
With that in mind, we'll need to setup the following:
- Sucuri Firewall pointing to Hosting Provider, as normally it is;
- CloudFlare pointing to the Sucuri Firewall.
Note: If you find this complicated, open a support ticket and our team will get you all setup.
Step by Step
1) Enable the CDN option on the Sucuri Firewall dashboard setting it to CloudFlare. Just like this image:
2) On the Sucuri Firewall we need to make sure that the Hosting IP address is actually pointing to your hosting company IP address and not CloudFlare. If the site was previously live at CloudFlare when you added it to Sucuri Firewall, you will need to manually edit the hosting IP address to point to your web server.
3) Inside CloudFlare's Zone File for your domain, you need to add our Firewall IP address on the main A record:
Also, set CloudFlare to active if it does not have the "orange" cloud.
And that's it. For the other CDN providers, the process should be similar.